California Promise Two-Year Pledge Program
Please note that the SDSU CA Promise program is different from the Community College Promise program and tuition is not covered by the SDSU CA Promise Program
The "California Promise" is a guarantee from the California State University system that a new Transfer Student can earn a degree in no more than two years (for an Associate Degree for Transfer) if you pledge to, and follow, specific requirements.
Graduating in two years will save you tuition and books/materials costs. It also will increase your earning potential by enabling you to enter the workforce sooner rather than later. Students who elect to participate in California Promise receive special academic advisement and improved priority registration.
Beginning fall 2017, the California Promise program supports Associate Degree Transfer-ADT Transfer students. The CA Promise Two-Year pledge program is open to new Transfer students who were admitted into an ADT Major.
Students who pledge to complete the California Promise Two-Year Pledge program must:
- Enter SDSU with a completed Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT)
- Remain in the Associate Degree for Transfer-ADT major to which you were admitted
- Must commit to complete their SDSU degree within 2 years
- Complete at least 30 semester units per academic year. Units completed by the student during a summer term may count towards the previous or following academic year as determined by SDSU
- Applicable Advanced Placement and transfer course work that applies to the degree requirements may be applied to the total units completed per year. Coursework completed in the summer will be applied to the next academic year.
- Be a California resident for purposes of in-state tuition eligibility
- Maintain good academic standing which means earn a cumulative grade point average (GPA), SDSU GPA, and Major GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Attend a California Promise ADT Transfer student information session
- Participate in New Transfer Student Orientation
- Have an initial advising meeting with your major adviser to approve your fall semester academic plan
- Meet with a major adviser every semester thereafter prior to class SDSU Registration Information
- Apply for the May or August graduation six months in advance – Graduation info
- Additional advising services
- Improved registration times
- Individual and small group mentoring
- Special invitations to transfer student support activities
- Timeliness to degree completion
- Receive weekly or bi-weekly newsletter on scholarships, internships, and other SDSU activities
Summer 2020 – Transfer Student Pledge Information Session
July 10, 2020 Info Session Registration
SDSU students who want to participate in the Two-Year CA Promise Pledge Program must complete the on-line application below:
Online registration for new fall 2020 CA Promise Two-Year Pledge Program students will be posted soon.
Obtain your major adviser signature and email this form to [email protected] (and "Cc" your major adviser on the email)
- Major Adviser Directory
- Academic Advising Center
(Highly recommended to meet with an adviser in the Academic Advising Center, in addition to meeting with your major adviser).
All fall 2020 CAP students must meet with their major adviser prior to the add/drop deadline.
Fall 2020 PSFA majors and Psychology majors: Your participation at the summer 2020 transfer orientation counts as your first advising meeting.
For Specific Questions, Contact:
College of Arts & Letters Majors:
Meet with Michelle Lenoue and your major adviser.
Contact Assistant Dean Kristie Dock
PSFA Majors: Contact Assistant Dean Lockwood
Science Majors (general questions):
Contact Assistant Dean, Dr. Estralita Martin