The California Promise is a guarantee from the California State University system that a new student can earn a degree in no more than two years (for Associate Degree for Transfer Students), or no more than four years (for new First-Time First-year Students), if a new student pledges to, and follows specific campus requirements.
California State University’s “California Promise" Pledge program
Graduating from SDSU sooner will save you tuition and books/materials costs. It also will increase your earning potential by enabling you to enter the workforce sooner rather than later. Students who elect to participate in California Promise receive special academic advisement and improved priority registration.
The California Promise program will support two student populations:
Beginning fall 2018, entering First-time first-year students interested in completing their baccalaureate degrees in four years, and majoring in one of the following majors listed below:
- Communication Applied Arts,
- Communication Liberal Arts,
- Journalism Advertising,
- Journalism Media Studies,
- Journalism Public Relations,
- Psychology - Industrial and Organizational Psychology,
- Business Administration - General Business only,
- Health Communication,
- Hospitality and Tourism (HTM) Management,
- HTM - Hotel Operations & Management,
- HTM - Meetings and Events Operations and Management,
- HTM Restaurant Operations and Management and
- HTM Tribal Gaming Operations and Management
Beginning fall 2017, transfer students entering with a completed Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT), who are interested in completing their remaining requirements for the baccalaureate degree in the same area, and within two years, are encouraged to participate in the California Promise Program. Students opt in to participate when applying for SDSU admission.