California Promise Two-Year Pledge Program
The California Promise is a guarantee from SDSU that you can earn a degree in no more than two years, if you pledge to, and follow, specific campus requirements.
The "California Promise" is a guarantee from the California State University system that a new Transfer Student can earn a degree in no more than two years (for an Associate Degree for Transfer- ADT) if you pledge to, and follow, specific requirements.
Graduating in two years will save you tuition and books/materials costs. It also will increase your earning potential by enabling you to enter the workforce sooner rather than later. Students who elect to participate in California Promise receive special academic advisement and improved priority registration.
Students who pledge to complete the California Promise Two-Year Pledge program must:
- Enter SDSU with a completed Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT)
- Remain in the Associate Degree for Transfer-ADT major to which you were admitted
- Must commit to complete their SDSU degree within 2 years
- Complete at least 30 semester units per academic year. Units completed by the student during a summer term may count towards the previous or following academic year as determined by SDSU
- Applicable Advanced Placement and transfer course work that applies to the degree requirements may be applied to the total units completed per year. Coursework completed in the summer will be applied to the next academic year.
- Be a California resident for purposes of in-state tuition eligibility
- Maintain good academic standing which means earn a cumulative grade point average (GPA), SDSU GPA, and Major GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Attend a California Promise ADT Transfer student information session
- Participate in New Transfer Student Orientation
- Have an initial advising meeting with your major adviser to approve your fall semester academic plan
- Meet with a major adviser every semester thereafter prior to class SDSU Registration Information
- Apply for the May or August graduation six months in advance - Graduation info
- Additional advising services
- Improved registration times
- Individual and small group mentoring
- Special invitations to transfer student support activities
- Timeliness to degree completion
- Receive weekly or bi-weekly newsletter on scholarships, internships, and other SDSU activities
Summer 2018 - Transfer Student Pledge Information Session
Monday, July 2, 2018
CA Promise 2-Year Pledge Program Information Sessions
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm OR 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Geology Mathematics and Computer Science building, Room 313
Driving, Parking Permit, and Walking Instructions to Geology Mathematics and Computer Science-GMCS 301, please see information here:
SDSU Campus MAP
All New Fall 2018 Transfer Student Admits Must Attend New Transfer Student Orientation
Congratulations and we look forward to meeting you!
SDSU students who want to participate in the Two-Year CA Promise Pledge Program must complete the on-line application below:
- Register On-Line to Commit to the 2-Year CA Pledge Program (required by all CAP 2-Year Participants) -
- Major Advising Verification Form (required for all CAP 2-Year students and DUE on or before September 10, 2018)
- Major Adviser Directory
- Academic Advising Center
(Highly recommended to meet with an adviser in the Academic Advising Center, in addition to meeting with your major adviser).
All fall 2018 CAP students must meet with their major adviser prior to the add/drop deadline.
Fall 2018 PSFA majors and Psychology majors: Your participation at the August 2018 transfer orientation counts as your first advising meeting.
For Specific Questions, Contact:
Contact Assistant Dean Kristie Dock
PSFA Majors: Contact Assistant Dean Lockwood
Science Majors (general questions):
Contact Assistant Dean, Dr. Estralita Martin
Adviser, Logan Watson
Logan Watson, NLS 135A