The California Promise is a guarantee from SDSU that you can earn a degree in no more than two years, if you pledge to, and follow, specific campus requirements.
Who can participate?
Beginning fall 2017, the SDSU Transfer Pledge program will support entering Transfer students with an Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) who are interested in completing their remaining baccalaureate degree requirements in two years.
Who qualifies for the SDSU Transfer Pledge Program?
To be a qualifying entering student, students must also comply with the both of the following:
- Be an ADT entering student and commit to complete SDSU degree within 2 years.
- Be a California resident for purposes of in-state tuition eligibility
Commit to completing at least 30 semester units per academic year. Units completed by the student during a summer term may count towards the previous or following academic year as determined by SDSU.
How can I enroll in the program?
If you meet the eligibility criteria, you may enroll in the program online PRIOR to the New Transfer Student Orientation program.
How do I receive advising once I am accepted into the Two-Year Graduation Pledge Program?
Initially, you will receive advising from your department during the New Transfer Student Orientation Program. Subsequently, you will be contacted prior to new transfer student orientation, to receive advising on your two-year pledge academic plan
How many units should I complete and/or register for?
Students must successfully complete 25% of the required units for their degree per year to ensure meeting the minimum graduation requirements appropriate to the major. The required units per year must be completed in fall, spring, and summer. Applicable Advanced Placement and transfer course work that applies to the degree requirements may be applied to the total units completed per year. Coursework completed in the summer will be applied to the next academic year.
Two-Year Transfer Student Degree Pledge Program
What are the benefits for participating?
- Additional advising services
- Improved registration times
- Individual and small group mentoring
- Special invitations to transfer student support activities
- Timeliness to degree completion
Transfer Student Conditions
CA Promise transfer students must meet the following conditions:
- Be a California resident for purposes of in-state tuition eligibility.
- Attend New Student Orientation during the summer prior to starting your first fall semester.
- Have an initial advising meeting with your major adviser to approve your fall semester academic plan and meet with your major adviser every semester thereafter.
- Maintain good academic standing which means earn a cumulative grade point average (GPA), SDSU GPA, and Major GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Remain in the Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) major to which you were admitted.
- Complete a minimum of 30 adviser approved units per academic year (which may include summer sessions).
- Apply for the May or August graduation six months in advance - Graduation info.